Saturday 12 June 2010

Chapel Porth

One of the nicest beaches in North Cornwall is Chapel Porth, in the so-called Badlands near St Agnes. I caught it one wind-blown morning a few weeks ago, when it was heaving and heavy, with fat waves and too much froth. So I returned last week to try it in better conditions. This time there was a light off-shore blowing the tops off the fun, waist-high waves that were pouring into the narrow cove. Suddenly enthused and energised, I had a fabulous session, catching loads of waves in quick succession.
Afterwards, I was talking to another surfer in a van, John from West Sussex. He had been up on the hillside taking photos, and happened to catch these photos of me. Actually surfing.
Though I was rather dismayed to find photographic confirmation that I spend far too long on all-fours before I get to my feet.Anyway, thanks for the photos, John!

6 comments:

Kukurusta said...

..que siga la búsqueda compañero. Good luck!

80waves said...

Gracias!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Lord Lucan to me....

Anonymous said...

Nah - Osama bin Laden!

Anonymous said...

It's definitely a badger.

Anonymous said...

What's all this about badgers?
Hope you are well, Jono. And you too, Enoch.
M